A brief history of Lunda
Founded in 1938, Lunda Construction Company has maintained its headquarters in Black River Falls, Wisconsin and has continued to pursue and build transportation projects. In those early years, small crews built small box culverts and bridges with 3/4 yard Quickway Trucks, P & H Cranes, and small Oshkosh trucks. Lunda saw its largest growth starting in 1956 with the Interstate Highway Program. In 1954, Milt Lunda joined the company started by his uncle and served as the President until 1988 followed by Paul Gehl 1988-1994 and Larry Lunda 1994-2013.
Lunda’s Industrial Division was established in 1982 and is operated out of the Little Chute, Wisconsin Office. Both the Heavy Highway Bridge and Industrial Divisions of Lunda have grown from providing services in the state of Wisconsin and surrounding states, to a national contractor. On July 1, 2011, Lunda Construction Company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Tutor Perini Corporation. Although the equipment and the projects have grown in size, Lunda's mission remains the same.
Dennis L. Behnke
President and Chief Executive Officer
Tom R. Braun
Joseph A. Quist
Vice-President | Engineering
Brent E. Wilber
Vice-President | Minnesota
Vice-President | Contract Administration